It's a new year and many of us are determined to make positive changes in our lives. We set New Year's resolutions with the best intentions, but often find ourselves unable to stick with them for long. But why? It turns out that if you truly commit yourself to change and follow some key steps, your chances of success can greatly increase. At Black Widow CrossFit, we understand how hard it can be to stick with your goals and have developed strategies that will help you achieve the results you desire. In this article, we'll explain why New Year's resolutions don't always work and provide tips on how to make sure yours do!
- Set realistic and achievable goals. Before you begin any fitness improvement program, it is important to set a specific and measurable goal that can be realistically achieved over time. Define what success looks like to you, whether it’s running a marathon or being able to do 50 push-ups in a row. In order to stick to a fitness goal, it is important to have a goal that you want to achieve.
- Set a plan of action. It’s not enough to just set a goal when it comes to improving your fitness. You also need to plan out how you’re going to achieve that goal. This means mapping out the steps you will take and setting milestones for yourself along the way. It could be as simple as creating a calendar with specific dates for workouts or establishing an exercise routine that works best for you and fits into your lifestyle, such as attending weekly classes at Black Widow CrossFit or doing daily home workouts. Planning ahead is key in helping ensure that you stay on track with reaching your goals and making progress towards achieving them!
- Commit to making changes. If you are serious about achieving your fitness goals, then it is essential that you commit to making changes in your routine. You cannot keep doing the same thing and expect different results - this simply won't work. Instead, you need to be willing to adjust your current habits and create a new plan of action that will help you reach your desired outcome. This could mean trying out different types of exercise or changing up your diet; whatever it takes to get closer to where you want to be! Taking small steps each day towards reaching the goal can make a big difference when it comes time for review at the end of the year. At Black Widow CrossFit, we understand how hard it can be to stick with a plan and have developed strategies that will help see success in 2023!
- Track your progress. One of the most important steps in achieving your fitness goals is tracking how well you are following your plan. Keeping track of your progress allows you to assess where you currently stand, determine what areas need improvement, and adjust accordingly. It also provides motivation and incentive to continue working towards success. Tracking progress can be done through various methods such as keeping a journal or using an app that monitors activity levels. Additionally, taking periodic assessments such as body measurements or completing timed workouts will help provide insight into how far you have come and where improvements can still be made. With consistent tracking, it is possible to make steady progress towards reaching fitness goals!
- Accountability. Having somebody to hold you accountable is an essential part of any fitness program. Having a friend, family member, or personal coach to cheer you on and help keep you on track can make a huge difference in the success of your fitness journey. Having someone who can give you honest feedback, remind you of your goals, and provide motivation when needed ensures that you stick with your plan and achieve your goals.
Making and sticking to a fitness goal can be challenging, but with the right strategies in place, you’ll have no problem achieving success. Set realistic goals that are achievable over time, create an action plan for yourself, commit to making changes as needed, track your progress regularly and get someone to hold you accountable. Don't just list out a New Year's resolution without setting a plan and committing to change. With these tips from Black Widow CrossFit under your belt, there is nothing stopping you from reaching those New Year's resolutions! So what are you waiting for? Get started on creating a healthier lifestyle today so that when 2024 rolls around, you can look back at all of the amazing accomplishments and successes achieved throughout the year!